Sunday, April 11, 2010

slowly but surely

I don't mind telling you that I have been an absolute basket case this past week. I am telling myself that it is because my "Spring Break" was a nightmare and then I jumped back into work with both feet. And we all know the stressors that come with that! I was so thankful for this weekend. JP and I have been driving back and forth between Scott's parents and our own house. This weekend, we stayed with Scott at his mom and dad's house. Just eliminating the commute was a relief for me.

We went to KiKi's t'ball game yesterday (Saturday) morning. It was nice to be outside. Scott was even able to get out for a while. It was good for him too. I came home and put JP down for a nap and went to the hospital to visit Scott's Mamaw. On the way home, I heard the song, "Bring the Rain" by MercyMe. It's hard to listen to that song without crying because the words are so powerful. God used that moment while I was ALONE in my car to remind me that life does bring rain. For some of my friends, the parting of the clouds will not come on this side of Heaven. I should be thankful that my thunderstorm seems to have an end. It may take a while, but it will end. In the meantime, I need to try to find the blessings and find ways to glorify Jesus with my actions.

My main issue has been exhaustion. Literal exhaustion. I haven't slept much in the past few weeks, and I am on the go 100% of the time. Because of this, my Saturdays and Sundays have literally been Sabbath days for us. I don't remember the last time we have gone to church. Don't misunderstand me.... GOD IS ALWAYS TOP PRIORITY. We just have not been to church. The only reason I mention this is for you to pray that JP will have an easy transition when we do get back into the routine. We talk to and about God all day long and read our devotions (aka "vadotions") every night, but he's definitely missing out on a structured church environment that I know he needs. We all need. It will probably be difficult for him to get back into the swing of things.

I thank all of you for your prayers and support during this time. I have received emails/Facebook messages/meals/meal offers etc and it's been overwhelming. I love you guys. Scott is doing pretty well. His antibiotics make him feel yucky, but it's only once a day. We go back to the surgeon Thursday and to Infectious Disease doctors the next week. I will update you when I know how things are going from a medical standpoint.

This whole weekend, I have been taking LOTS of pictures. I will post them when I am at my parent's house. My camera card does not fit into Kim's laptop. But, stay tuned...they are super cute!!

No comments: