Friday, January 29, 2010
He loved it. He said, "Oh, wow! I can't believe it! God, how do you do that?!"
Out of the mouths of babes...
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Having said that, it's getting close to my favorite little Mayan's bedtime and I need to run back across the street. I PROMISE not to wait long to post again. For now, I will leave you with a few JPisms:
- He loves the story, "Jack and the Bing Stuck", aka Jack and the Beanstalk!
- Every time he gets in trouble he tells me to "chill out!"
- On the way to Connie's every morning, he asks me to pray with him! (that's my favorite!)
- Every single day ,(and I do mean EVERY day), we have to call him by another name. For example, yesterday his name was Clifford the Dog. Today, we had to call him Bob. I am not sure where he gets the names, but his imagination is running WILD!
That's just a very small few. Like I said, I am in a hurry! He is growing like a weed and is soooo smart! I love him so much it hurts.
Last Tuesday night, we joined New Spring Church as a family. JP loves KID SPRING and is excited each week when he finds out he's going there! That also does my heart good!
To be continued.....
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Here are BJay and Jamie looking for her to arrive. Mom and her boys....
JP loves him some Holly!
JP and his bubba
Ashton, Chappy (Josh Chapman), and Jamie
She was very surprised!
BJay supervising JP as he played in the bathtub
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Here's JP playing in daddy's work boots.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
1.) Scott, JP and I are going to eat supper AT THE DINNER TABLE Sunday through Thursday (at least.) We have been in a terrible habit of eating supper in front of the t.v in the living room. We started tonight and it was awesome. While we eat, we talk and read a devotion. We read one story from JP's preschool Bible and then Scott and I read from a couple's devotional. It was so nice!
2) Those of you who know me, know how stressful and difficult my job has been this year. I am going to journal more and spend more time outside when it's nice. Stress-relief!
That's really it. But I am hoping they will make a big difference in our family.
At church this morning, the service was sort of a "year in review." We had a video clip of all that God had done in 2009 at NewSpring. It was amazing. God really used the video to speak to both Scott and I. We are very blessed. Even on the days when we don't realize it.
Well, I hope everyone who is going back to work tomorrow has a good day. Let's get back into the "swing" of things. Continue to pray for my friend, Michael. He is staying at Roger C. Peace for the next few weeks. The whole family needs our prayers and encouragement.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Today we met at Pollo Campero (a Guatemalan chain) for lunch. The kids are so cute together!
JP waiting for "Joseph from the Eagle's Nest" to get to the restaurant. (That's what JP calls him!) Joseph, Addie (Joseph's big sis) and JP catching up on what Santa brought them!