There are NO WORDS to express how much I love and appreciate you. Seriously. We often joke about what a total train wreck we are, but the truth is, there is no other ride I would rather be on! Your life is a true testimony to me. Not only are you my mother, you are my best friend. As I travel through the rest of my earthly life, I can only pray that I handle my trials and triumphs the way you have. You are the STRONGEST person I know. In honor of this Mother's Day, I thought I would list a few of the characteristics that make me love you...
- I love that you always want your grown children to sit on your lap and hold hands with you.
- I love how you come home from work every afternoon & dad has to call me to see if I've heard from you b/c you are sitting in your car, in the driveway, with the sun roof open listening to piano music- because you need your Vitamin D!
- I love that you always act like you want to talk to me on the phone 1 MILLION times a day, even though you probably have 1 Million other things to do.
- I love you because you wear your "I (heart) Secretaries" socks and your "Camp Wheretheheckarewe" shirt even though we all make fun of you.
- I love how a section of your hair is ALWAYS tangled in the back b/c you've twisted it all day at work.
- I love how you divorce dad several times a week, but still come home to him at the end of the day.
- I love how you love JP & now Preston. (the most!)
- I love how we usually spend every Saturday morning on the phone talking about what we are going to do for the day, only to hang up THREE HOURS later because the men are home from playing golf and we have to make them lunch!
- I love how you love God and have taught me to love Him and His precious Son.
- Last but not least, I love you because of how you have handled the adversity God has allowed you to face in your life. I know it has not been pretty, but you are a BEAUTIFUL person because of it.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Nanny! I HEART you!