Wednesday, September 19, 2007

PAGING DR. DOBSON!!!!!



Does anyone have an extra copy of Dr. Dobson's "Raising the Strong-Willed Child??" WE NEED HELP!!!!

Seriously---JP is an absolute JOY, and while we are THRILLED that he is so smart, MAN...HE IS A HANDFUL! He is so easy. He plays independently. He laughs, smiles, walks, and is sleeping well (for the most part!) Life is good.........UNTIL.......JP decides he wants something, is told "No" or has to wait on the next bite of food to get to his little mouth. He decomposes! Screams, turns blue, hits etc... Now, don't get me wrong, when you do what it is he wants at that time, he smiles/laughs and turns on his little manipulative charm.

I'm beginning to understand why ALL of his health reports during the past 4 months said that he was "very active!"

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. We go non-stop and I haven't been feeling well the past few days. I hope everyone is doing well! For those of you who have asked/emailed----Scott goes for his 2nd CT scan on the 2nd of October. We are going to find out if his spleen is still enlarged. Until then, we are just hangin' out. He is feeling better than he was. Thanks for all of your prayers and concern. We appreciate it.

This post is meant to be funny---we are not having any REAL trouble with JP. He's just CRAZY!!! I foresee LOTS of discipline in our future!

5 comments:

starzy18 said...

He is such a mess! :) I would definately have to say that he is just a tad bit spoiled (hehe). He has so much personality!
I'll be praying for Scott.

DeAnna said...

I just kind of did a post about this on my blog a few days ago. My Amelia is SO active, climbing on everything, runs non stop, etc. Isabella has always been active, but Amelia also has that strong will -- over crazy things, like she'll bring me a shoe and want me to put it on her and if I don't -- Melt Down! :) I wouldn't have thought you were complaining, but you're right, what does the future hold for discipline of these strong willed children. :) My mom says this can be a good thing, I was strong willed and it helped me not fall into as much peer pressure as a teen. Yeah, lets think that there is some good in this stubborness. :)

Melissa said...

Cute pictures. Sorry I can't help on the temper. I understand why it is so easy to give in. What a cutie. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Melissa

Rose said...

that lil stinker! but boys will be boys......... ha!

Andrea said...

Hoo boy, this post is SO true. K is just about the same way. I posted the "no" face on my blog. I caught another one that I'll post this weekend. He is going to be one opinionated child :)

I will keep Scott in my prayers!