Saturday, August 30, 2008

My heartbeat........

is for orphan children overseas! I was just sitting here on the couch watching college football with Scott. On College Gameday this morning, they highlighted Tim Tebow and his life outside of football. (For those of you who MAY not know, he is the quarterback at Florida.) I had NO IDEA what kind of a guy he was. He was born in the Philippines. His mom and dad are missionaries there. He travels all over the place speaking and giving his testimony around different states. Over spring break he flew to the Philippines to work in a local orphanage. It was amazing to watch the video! There were so many children around him. He said that God blessed him with a talent and he wants to do everything he can to give back and glorify God with his popularity.

WOW! I love my VOLS, but I may just have to root for Tebow this year!!!

It reminded me of why Scott and I adopted JP in the first place. Yes, we have missionary friends in Guatemala, but we both felt God's call to help out..even if in one little life. I cry each time I hear of the orphanages around the world that are having to turn children away because they have no room! Is it not our responsibility to care for these helpless children and babies?? (James 1:27) You know, I've mentioned here before the MANY comments we, as adoptive mothers, get about having children. Such as, " don't you want your OWN kids?" "Can you not have children?", "I could never love someone elses child the way I love my own.." BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! Unfortunately those people may never understand....ME on the other hand, God has called me to mother His babies who have not been blessed with the care of their natural mother. And I am honored and thankful for that calling in my life! Scott and I are D.E.F.I.N.I.T.E.L.Y not ready for another baby, but I do pray that God blesses our life down the road with another orphan!

It is truly my heartbeat!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you found little JP...he doesn't know how lucky he is!! :)

BUT...it's almost blasphemy as a Vol's fan to even THINK about cheering for Florida...don't let those emotions get to you, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

I will definitely not be pulling for Florida as a whole...just deep down I might smile a bit when Tebow is successful....hehehe!