Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Testimony

I have a favorite song. The lyrics are the most beautiful words I have EVER heard in a song. It's old. I have never heard it on the radio...it was written by a local band here in South Carolina. I am going to post them. It describes my walk with Christ to a "T."

"My heart is so proud,
My eyes are so unfocused.
I see the things You do through me
as great things I have done.
And now You gently brake me,
I cry just like a baby.
You hold me as my Father,
and mold me as my Maker....
And I ask You, 'How many times will You pick me up
when I keep on letting You down.
And each time I will fall short of Your Glory,
how far will forgiveness abound?'
And You answer, 'My child, I love you!
and as long as you're seeking My face,
you'll walk in the power of My daily sufficient Grace.'
(Chorus again)
As I walk with You I'm learning
about what Your Grace really means.
How all of my transgressions were paid at Calvary.
So instead of trying to repay You...
I'm learning to simply obey You.
By giving up my life to You for all that You've given to me!"
I love, love, love the words to this song. I have looked for the track all over only to find that it was never available for purchase. HOWEVER, my sweet, sweet husband downloaded the sheet music off of the Internet and learned to play it on his guitar for me to sing! I am really excited. Now, we'll see if I can actually get through it! It is totally me. I fail over and over again. I am waiting on God to say, "Enough, girl!" This song reminds me that He will NEVER do that. He loves me and sees me as an unfinished piece of work! Thank You, Lord!

2 comments:

theowensclan said...

Can you sing this for us then upload it? Sounds like it is a really great song.

starzy18 said...

I agree with Kathi. I love the words!