Monday, April 20, 2009

i learn something new every day

I learned something very interesting at my Bible study this past Thursday. I hope you find this as awesome as I did. I may just show my ignorance, because it's something I had never read or heard of before...


When they buried Jesus after His crucifixion, they wrapped His head in a cloth. After His resurrection, the cloth was found neatly folded on the ground (John 20). I know that doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but listen to this! Back in Jesus' day, when a king was dining with people, he would get up from the meal and throw his napkin into his plate. This signified that he was finished with the meal and was not going to return. HOWEVER, if the king got up from the table and left his napkin neatly folded beside his plate, it meant that he was not finished and he would return to the table.


So, how cool is it that the King of Kings didn't throw His cloth on the ground! He left it neatly folded! He is NOT finished here....He's returning!!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen, girlfriend! I remember hearing about the folded cloth, but I don't think I have heard about the meaning. Hope you guys had a great Easter! It was wonderful for us, amazing services!!

Shannon Bee said...

Wow, that is really interesting and awesome! :)