Thursday, April 2, 2009

the JP story

I never wanted there to be a day when I had to "explain" or tell JP that he was adopted. We've always talked about Guatemala and incorporated as much of his culture into his life as possible.

At night, I tell JP the "JP story." I thought I would share it because it is so special to him. If I forget, or start to go to bed without telling it, he asks for it. I will write it out, and the words in parenthesis are the words that JP fills in for me! It is so cute!



" Once upon a time there was a (girl) named (Andrea) and a (boy) named (Scott). They (loved) each other very much. They prayed and asked God to please give them a (baby). God said, I have a baby just for you!' So they jumped on an (airplane) and flew across the (big ocean) to a country called, (Guatemala). When they got to Guatemala they drove down a long dirt road to a big (white house) called the (eagle's nest). Inside the Eagle's Nest there lived lots of (babies) and there were many sweet women that loved the babies and took good care of them. When Andrea and Scott walked in, God said, 'there's the baby I have picked out for you.' Andrea ran over and picked him up. He was the most (beautiful) baby in the room! Andrea and Scott cried because they were so happy! God told them that they could carry him home. So, they jumped back on the (airplane) and flew back over the (big ocean) to JP's new home, the country called (American Idol!) They lived happily ever after!
Now, let me explain about the American Idol comment. I have tried to teach JP to say America. Every time, he says American Idol! It's hilarious! He watches the show with us each week, so anything having to do with America is American Idol! Oh well....I guess that's something funny to always remember.

2 comments:

starzy18 said...

Andrea, that is so sweet! Melt my heart. He is such a doll. Too funny about him saying American Idol.

Jennifer said...

What a cute little story! So, does JP like Adam on AI? He's got that jet black hair so you could always style it like his...just a thought. :)