Monday, March 22, 2010

just kidding

Hey! Remember in the last post when I said Scott was doing pretty well???? Well, turns out HE'S NOT!!!!!


Okay, I am not going to be sarcastic the whole time. It is just honestly how I feel right now. I know that there are way too many people to count who are in much worse positions than we are in right now, but I SERIOUSLY WANT TO COMPLAIN AND WHINE...So, if anyone is not okay with that, please stop reading now!!!!


Several more "spots" appeared yesterday on Scott's..well, you know! Anyway, they became red and irritated really fast, so JUST LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO, we called the surgeon/doctor and headed to the Emergency Room. He was put on an antibiotic again and we are home. After three doses, it's worse. Turns out, the doctor (who shall remain nameless) who performed his surgery the other week ran a culture on some tissue. On March 1st those cultures came back with two different infections. The largest/most aggressive infection is MRSA. The other one is a long name that I will not attempt to spell. It is a bacteria-based infection that attacks your intestinal tract. Now, for those of you who may not know, SCOTT ONLY HAS A SMALL PORTION OF HIS SMALL INTESTINES as it is!!! He cannot afford to have an infection there!!!!!!!!!!!


Are you ready for the "kicker?" NO ONE BOTHERED TO CALL US AND TELL US ABOUT EITHER INFECTION!!!!! Yes, you heard me correctly!!! He has been HIGHLY contagious for three weeks now and we had no idea. I am not going to say any more about that part, because it literally makes me sick to think about it.


Here's what's going to happen: The doctor referred us to Infectious Disease. He will be under their care for however long. I will just ask you guys to pray. Scott is BEYOND frustrated and in pain right now. I, on the other hand, just want to scream and cry and go on a very long vacation somewhere. Again, we just need your prayers. And don't take this the wrong way... please don't send me verses from the Bible on things happening for a reason etc. I know those verses. I know that my trials will make me stronger and Scott and I will be stronger when this is all said and done. HOWEVER, this does not change the fact that Scott finally had "the surgery" that was suppose to "fix" his original problems and that was SIX MONTHS AGO! And his is MUCH MUCH worse off than he was before.


I am going to go now. Please keep in mind that this is like a journal for me. I just needed to write these things down and blow off steam. Thank you for listening........

3 comments:

Kim said...

Angela filled me in on all this this morning. Girl, I can not imagine and am definitely praying for you and Scott. I know it is taking all you have not to be killing someone right now!

theowensclan said...

Oh Andrea! I know we all have a "cross to bear", but you're supposed to be able to put that cross down at SOME POINT!!! Mercy! I keep thinking about y'all. I had hoped Scott was close to being done with the rash. I didn't know that it had COME BACK!! It must be so hard to "hold it together". These days are probably all running together. I continually pray for you all!

Andrea Beam said...

I only wish it were a "rash!" You have no idea! lol

A rash would be a blessing. It's more like FIVE open flesh wounds that bleed and ruin everything he sits on! UGH!

Thanks for your prayers!