Monday, July 29, 2013

home sweet home (for a couple days anyway...)

I am home from Atlanta.  And GLAD to be home.  Kathi and I had a great time, but I sure do LOVE Greenville.  I am NOT a big city girl.  We stayed at the Omni Hotel and it was very nice.  There were two conferences held in the area, so it was PACKED.  However, this provided us the opportunity to meet lots and lots of new people.  That's always a lot of fun.  Our efforts to meet people landed us some fun FREE stuff!  One thing we did (compliments of our new security guard friends) was an inside tour of the CNN building and newsrooms.  That was really cool.


Other than that, we hung around causing trouble around the hotel most of the time!  There was a rooftop pool and hot tub.  NICE!


We spent two nights relaxing in the hot tub.  Very enjoyable. 

One afternoon, we walked to the Hard Rock Café. 

Although we had a blast, I was very thankful to be home.  Of course, I always miss JP...it was good to have him with me again!

We are only home for a couple of days.  Wednesday evening (or Thursday morning) we are heading to Charleston so JP can get on the beach again before the school year begins.  So, stay tuned for pics from that trip.  I am really looking forward to it, but am expecting it to be HOT, HOT, HOT!

And finally,  I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY LAPTOP.  We are calling today and just telling the man that we are coming to pick it up.  So, who knows WHEN I will have a working computer.  I am praying that I do not have to end up buying a whole new one.  I am afraid it may come to that.  I HAVE to have a computer once my classes begin.  UGH.

I guess that's all for now.  I hope everyone is doing well.  HAPPY, HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments: