Wednesday, July 17, 2013


Wow.  I am sitting here on my sister's computer after finding out that it will be AT LEAST another week and a half before I get my own laptop back.  Argh!  There is NOTHING more frustrating to me.  All of my documents, my manuscripts and pictures are on mine.  Anyway!  I will be thankful if it is working properly when it is returned to me.

Now, on to better things!  My trip to the Bahamas was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  And that is really not an appropriate adjective to describe our time on the open sea!  I loved every single thing about it.  I will say, however, that if you are subject to motion sickness, I would think twice before taking a cruise.  Please understand that this is ONLY MY OPINION.  But the weather, as we all know, is unpredictable and there were those on our ship who got sick even with medicine, bracelets, the "behind the ear" stick on things, etc.  The weather was great, but it was windy, so the ocean was fairly rough.  I actually liked that night, it rocked me to sleep!  Having said that, the ship was so much fun, as were the stops we made in Freeport and Nassau. I take that back, Freeport was B.O.R.I.N.G!  Nothing to do.  There was a Senior Frogs, so we spent the whole day there.... I won't post those pics!! LOL.  Atlantis was everything it is advertised to be.  As you can see in my previous post, we spent 1/2 the day in the water with the dolphins!  FUN!  And very worth the money.  The price also gives you access to the hotel and the aquarium.  One word describes that experience.  BEAUTIFUL.

It will come as no surprise to those of you who know me and Kathi, but we SHOWED OUT on the ship!!  We met SO MANY fun people and got to know a large majority of the staff!  I wouldn't even know where to begin in telling you everything that we did.  The dinners were incredible and the staff was so friendly.  We went to shows, laid by the pool, sang Karaoke and danced all over the place!  Most of my pictures are on Kathi's camera, so I will have to post them a little over time. 

Here are just a few more to hold you over....

Of course I missed my little man LIKE CRAZY!  Six days was way too long to be away from him with no communication.  I didn't like that part at all.  I wrote him a letter for him to find after I left.  Apparently he carried it around in his pocket all day every day and read it over and over again.... L.O.V.E him.

Well, that's all for now folks.  I hope that everyone is doing well.  I will try to post more later.  At least I know I should have my own computer again next week.