Saturday, December 29, 2007

5 Things I learned today at WalMart



1) Just because the fleece throw is $4.99 doesn't mean it's a good deal-YOU DON'T NEED IT!


2) Just pick a line. They are ALL the same. If you stumble on one that has fewer people, ONE person will have a problem with their total, OR the cashier will have to wander the store to find your same item that has a bar code on it. So, in the end you are better off standing in the long line!


3) Self check out?? Sounds easy enough. Until it's time to "place your item in the bag." You'll wind up "placing your item in the bag" about 8 times before the sensor picks it up. You'll just end up cussing. Why bother? But if you must go there, make sure you are not wearing your t'shirt with your church logo on it--it's bad publicity!


4) Don't waste your time making the grocery list. You won't stick to it. Within 30 seconds of walking through the door, you will have AT LEAST two items that were not written down.


5) If you NEED the big $6.00 box of goldfish like I do, it's not on the snack isle OR with the peanuts. It's in a much more logical place...in the back of the store where the milk is!! Go figure.



I just thought I would share this with you. I guess I will never learn. Maybe I should just do my major grocery shopping at Ingles....HMMM, I'll have to think about that!

2 comments:

theowensclan said...

Ok, that is absolutely hilarious!! I wasn't sure at first if this was something you wrote yourself, or found somewhere and copied for the post. Then I read the comment about the goldfish and knew for sure that this was your personal shopping experience you were writing about. However, you speak verbatum for EVERYONE who goes there. I had no idea that everyone had the same exact experience going there that I do. It's a labor of mind over matter to put that $4.99 "deal" back on the shelf. No wonder my Wal-Mart bills keep getting higher and higher!

Angela said...

Andrea---were you in my head when I -i mean-You wrote this? If we would all just follow those simple 5 rules, life at Wal Mart might be a little easier