Sunday, December 30, 2007

Busy




I envy my blog moms who are able to post such beautiful pictures of their children. Not me. Don't get me wrong, JP is absolutely beautiful (not that I'm bias) but in order to take pictures of him, he has to be watching either the DOODLEBOPS or the WIGGLES. Here, I believe he is watching the WIGGLES. That sounds terrible, but it is SERIOUSLY the only time he stands still. I tried so hard to get him to look at me. Nothing. So, to those of you who have patiently waited with us to get our Internet back...this is all you get. Pictures of my precious son watching t.v.! You must be so thrilled!

Today was a good day. I haven't said much about it, but Scott has just recently made a commitment to be the minister of students at a future church plant. We are in the beginning stages right now. Because we are not yet meeting together on Sunday mornings, we have been visiting around at other churches hoping to get ideas for praise and worship/children/youth etc. This morning we went to NewSpring in Anderson. God allowed me to be a part of the group who initially started the church. That was back when it was 12 to 15 people. 8 years later they have around 6,000 members. It's amazing.

After going to church, going to lunch, stopping by some friends' house, we finally came home. Once we were home, we made plans for dinner. I cleaned the house and did laundry, and I got JP in bed. Here I sit at 9:30 at night and I find myself wondering exactly where the day has gone. This is literally the first time I have sat down. It was such a busy day. Just like every other one. It made me think. What's the difference in JP not holding still for me and me not holding still for God?

Something to think about.

"Busy is what I see when I look at your life.
You run around crazy and misuse your time.
Each day is a gift, I wish you could see;
You have plenty of time, but spend little with Me.
If you would only hold still, it would be worth your while;
I just want to hold you. Remember...you're My child!"
Love, Jesus


No comments: