Thursday, December 13, 2007

Poem

I was going through some notebooks the other day and found a poem that I wrote while waiting on JP to come home. Truthfully, I do not even remember writing it. I thought I would share it with you. Nothing makes the wait any easier. Nothing will stop the tears that are shed each time you walk past the empty nursery. Nothing will make the holidays cheery when a part of your heart is so far away. HOWEVER, obviously with this poem, God was trying to remind me that He was with me throughout the whole thing.



Beauty is all around me
No matter how down I feel.
I sit here in my swing
And let the wind blow through my hair,
My heart and my soul are still
I am not too happy with God
But today, He is the only thing I see.
Sitting on my front porch
With all that He has created surrounding me.


The trees are tall and swaying back and forth
The air is cool and crisp.
With the flowers, the birds, the clouds and the sun
I know God is present, His beauty is hard to miss.
I want to be so angry.
It's easier to be bitter and sad!
But as I sit here in the quiet of the morning
God reminds me of all that I have.
I can't help but whisper, "thank you."
To the One who has provided for my every need.
And although my heart is not complete at this time
There is a place within me that still has a song to sing.
So, while I am here alone and sitting at His feet
I will lift my voice and sing to Him,
"Lord fill my heart with peace."


I am going to try and get some pictures of JP outside in the next few days. Continue to check in!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Beautiful poem, Andrea. Thanks for putting into words what is in my heart these days.

starzy18 said...

That poem is beautiful. I know that you will never forget the wait. Now seeing you guys as a family it seems like he has always been here. He fits so well with you and Scott. He is an amazing child!