Monday, December 1, 2008

God made the Butterflies

It's 5:30 am. The only reason that's significant at all is because I have already taken a bubble bath, read my Bible and am about to have a bowl of cereal. The only reason I turned on the computer is b/c the rest of the house is dark. My boys are still sleeping. So...watching t.v or continuing to read is out of the question. So, I will go ahead and share what's on my mind....

I was sleeping sooo good. It had to be God who woke me up, b/c I am NOT a morning person! In fact, the only reason I was dreading going to work today is b/c I hate getting out of bed. So, when 4:15 rolled around God must have thought it would be a good idea to get me up and moving so that my day would start off better than if I had to drag myself out from under the sheets! Now, the other thing that's going on this a.m are the major set of butterflies I have swirling around in my stomach. It took me a while to figure out where they were coming from. Nothing exciting is on the calendar for today. But, as I sat here typing away on different blogs and FACEBOOK (I know, I know!) it dawned on me that maybe I have butterflies b/c today can be exciting! I sat in the bathtub and asked God to open up doors for me to serve Him today. I thanked Him for all of the many blessings in my life right now. He is reminding me through these butterflies that it doesn't have to be Christmas Eve or the night before you head to Disney World to be excited. Maybe I feel excited just b/c He's given me another day. I'm healthy, I love my job, my husband and baby are so special to me etc...etc.... SO...I am not going to look at today as "just another day" like I normally would. I am going to give in to the butterflies and be anxious about how God is going to use me throughout this day!!

Thank you, God for butterflies!

3 comments:

theowensclan said...

What a wonderful post. I hope your day was great. Let me know what happened.

I'm gonna quote Dave here:

"Every day above ground is a good day!"

Noko said...

Hi!! well actually I am a utter stranger to you...so the reason of writting this comment, its because I just want, from the bottom of my heart,...to Thank You for adopting a guatemalan baby.

Im from Guate, and I really aprecciate the effort of adopting, no matter from what country, just the gift of love of taking care of a child thats not from the own blood.

so once again...Muchas Gracias!!!--- God Bless You, I sure that he will,...Bye!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment...Guatemala is a beautiful country and I pray God allows us to go there again in the future. Thank you for reading my blog!