Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hang in there with me.. I am playing around with my blog design. There is only so much you can do unless you spend money. I am tired of the Cute as a Bug theme. I mentioned earlier in the postings that I was going to turn it into more of an "our family" thing. It's a work in progress. I am going to try this out for a while and see if I like it.

Updates:
  • All of Christi's tests/scans came back clear of Cancer! Praise God! We are waiting on one more test before the surgery date can be set. We are looking at sometime between Christmas and the New Year, so soon!! Continue to be in prayer for that.
  • Megan's little girl, Erin, will be having surgery to remove a lymphnode in the back of her neck on January 5th. The doctor will cut out the node and biopsy it...Megan DEFINITELY needs our prayers!

Megan and I were talking today...Life for them right now is like an ocean. She has been standing on shaky, wet, soggy ground for the past three years. In May, a HUGE wave came and knocked her down. She's trying to stand back up, but every time she gets her footing, another wave hits and she falls again.

Salt water is in her eyes. It burns. It's hard to focus on what's in front of her. It's tempting to just lie in the mush and let the waves swallow her. My prayer is that with the help of our prayers she will be able to one day wipe the water from her face and regain her focus on the Maker of the water.

From time to time my eyes burn from the salt. It's easy to get caught up in the sting. I am thankful today that no matter how rough the water gets around me, each time I dry my eyes, I find that my Anchor has not moved!

No comments: