Monday, December 15, 2008

Heavy Heart

The "Twelve Days of Christmas" will have to be postponed until next year....if you really want to enjoy it, head on over to Melissa's blog--she was going to "steal" my idea anyway!! (Ha! Just jokin'!)

Anyway, a lot is going on around here and honestly I just don't have time to do it. I am going to share with you two prayer requests that are close to my heart:

  1. My 2nd "mom," Christi was diagnosed with Cancer a few weeks ago. She has undergone TONS of tests. She is meeting with her surgeon bright and early in the morning to hear the results and find out when her surgery is going to take place. PLEASE pray for comfort, peace and healing!
  2. My friend, Megan's five year old daughter is going to have to undergo some surgery in the near future. I am not going to give all the details, but they are worried and tired of the stress that is surrounding their lives right now. This is the family who lost their husband/dad to brain cancer in May. They desperately need our prayers!

Thanks so much! I will continue to keep you guys updated on these concerns. You know, I was thinking last night during my quiet time with God about how blessed I am. To be honest with you, it makes me feel somewhat guilty. I've said it before and I'll say it again...NOTHING in this world belongs to us. And I want to publicly tell God that I do not take that for granted. I love You, Lord, and I know that at any time everything could be taken from me.

That is why my relationship with Him is so important. Ultimately He's all I need. As a wife and mom, that scares me sometimes, but at the same time, it's comforting. I was talking to Megan on the phone this afternoon and she made a statement that is so true. She said, "You know, Andrea, I've learned over the past year that EVERYTHING is out of my control..." She hit the nail on the head! NOTHING! I ran across this passage in the Bible and thought I would write it down...

" When my heart was grieved

and my spirit embittered,

I was senseless and ignorant;

I was a brute beast before You.

Yet I am always with You;

You hold me by my right hand.

You guide me with Your counsel,

and afterward you will take me in to Glory.

Whom have I in Heaven but You?

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart

and my portion forever.

Those who are far from You will perish;

You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.

But as for me, it is good to be near God.

I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;

I will tell of all Your deeds."

Psalm 73: 21-28

No comments: