Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Scott and Daniella Enjoying birthday cake





I haven't looked at these pictures in over a year. I am surprised at how emotional it makes me. These are from JP's first Christmas. He was four months old and we spent seven days with him at the orphanage. These precious kiddos are enjoying birthday cake that we baked for Jesus. Every Christmas Eve, the children and their nannies have a birthday party for Jesus. They sing/dance, and of course, eat cake!!
Every family has their traditions. Scott and I have been trying to think of one for the three of us. We decided that we would have a birthday party every year the way they do in Guatemala. By doing this, JP will learn the TRUE meaning of the Holiday, and he will grow to understand that this was how they celebrated before we became a part of his life. I am really excited. I posted these pics for you to see. I will take pictures of our party tonight and post them as soon as I can. We have a busy night and day ahead. I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas and I love all of you!!




No comments: