Sunday, January 11, 2009

I am not one to go on and on about weight loss etc, and I am not going to use my blog for that, but I have to share this....


Once upon a time, before what I like to call "the Great Depression," aka the Guatemalan adoption process, I use to run. I really did enjoy it, so now that I am back to a healthy state mentally, I decided I would start again. It's only been four days since I began and anyone who knows anything about exercising knows that you cannot just jump back in to running several miles. You have to start out walking and you might run for a few minutes before you have to stop and catch your breath. SO.. yesterday we went over to eat lunch at my parent's house. That's where the treadmill is. I stayed on it for thirty minutes. When I came back in to the living room, my dad and Scott were giving me a hard time. They were saying things like, "I'm sixty and can walk longer than thirty minutes." etc. Just messing around. Anyway, in the middle of all the laughter and jokes, JP ran over to me yelling "STOP IT!" He crawled up in my lap and hugged me and said, "Great job, mommy!"


My heart melted! He is such a little sweetheart. The fact that he is two years old and realized that they were "making fun" of me and he did not like it! It was so cute!

2 comments:

starzy18 said...

Girl I'm so proud of you! You can't just jump right back into running. Take it one day at a time. I had a trainer tell me that the Roman Empire wasn't built in one night. Very true statement! JP is a smart guy. Totally melt my heart!

Keep up the great work!

Kim said...

So precious, that JP! Good luck with running! Running is so not my thing, but I'm sure I will have to do something come fall to lose my baby fat!