Sunday, January 4, 2009

With everything that has gone in the lives of the special people around me lately, I have found myself really searching the scriptures for answers. Why are people suffering? Why when Megan lost her husband in May does she have to worry about the health of her five year old little girl??

I don't understand, God!!!

I truly believe that there are some things we will NEVER know on this side of Heaven. However, He gave me a little insight last night through a book I am reading. Allow me to share with you...

" Whenever God is involved, the epilogue is not mysterious. God wins. Everyone on His side gets to share in that celebration. This is good news, but it can also be terribly misleading. We think that because the story concludes with a guaranteed victory, every chapter is lined with nothing but victories. We expect our journey to look like a trip on a rocket ship beginning from the launching pad and reaching to the highest heavens. In fact, it is better described as a roller coaster ride with nauseating ups and downs. We do well to remember that even in battles that are counted as victories, the winning side has many soldiers who died in the engagement.
The journey that travels through divine moments is not an escape route from personal suffering. In fact, it strengthens our resolve to suffer in the now for the greater good that can be accomplished."
"Chasing Daylight" by Erwin Raphael McManus
What does this mean?? I was created to praise Him. Unfortunately, because sin entered the once perfect world, CRAP happens! God doesn't make these things happen, but He certainly allows them. And He has reminded me that I am a VERY small part of a VERY big plan. So, when things do not make sense to me, I can only trust that He's using me and the people I love to carry out a more important plan somewhere else. I may never know what that is. And even though it hurts sometimes, if I keep my eyes on God and the ULTIMATE goal of this life, I can survive!
Thank you, God, for your Word and the words of others who have written such awesome books!

No comments: