Wednesday, March 11, 2009

dear God,

A week or so ago during the snow storm, Scott and I lost power. Out of boredom, the three of us played on the mattress in the living room floor. At one point while Scott and JP were wrestling, Scott got hit in the face. When Scott pretended to cry, I said, "JP, you better love on daddy and tell him you're sorry!" Rather than moving towards Scott, he got up, walked into the kitchen and looked straight up to the ceiling and said, "God, I sorry for hit daddy. Okay God." And then he ran back into the room with us.
It was the SWEETEST thing I have ever seen!! We had no idea where he learned this. The only thing we can think of is that he got it from the HERMIE videos he watches. Hermie is a caterpillar and when he talks to God, he climbs up on a tall flower. Naturally we made a huge deal out of him doing this. We've really encouraged him to "talk to God" throughout the day for everything. So...he does! Everything that happens, he talks to God. I heard him talking in his room the other night. When I went in there to check on him, he was saying, "Come on God, let's go!"
Melt my heart! Maybe I need to take notes!






No comments: