Saturday, March 21, 2009

divine intervention

I blame EVERYTHING on my allergies. I have been coughing a dry IRRITATING (for me and those around me) cough for probably four or five months. It's my allergies. I take a Zyrtec every morning and Benedryl almost every night before bed. I still wake up itching/sneezing/coughing etc. It's my allergies. For the past two weeks at night I wake up feeling like I can't breathe. I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. It's my allergies, right?!

Well, Friday morning when Scott woke me up AGAIN in the recliner, he said that I needed to see a doctor. WHATEVER! It's my allergies, sweetie! :) Well, at school I asked my girls about it and they said that maybe in the next few days I should try to see my doctor. A couple of our kids have had walking pneumonia.

I decided I would call....I HATE going to the doctor! So, I called Friday and my doctor was booked up. I told the lady that I would call back sometime next week. Then, something inside me felt like I needed to go. I went ahead and made an appointment with another doctor. I wasn't in his office for 3 minutes. After listening to my chest/back, he immediately diagnosed me with Asthma. WHAT??!!! He said that my lungs are very inflamed and constricted. He gave me a steroid shot right then along with a breathing treatment. He sent me home with an inhaler and two other forms of steroids to take. Again, I say WHAT??!!!!

I was very caught off guard. According to him, I should be thankful that I came in when I did. I say all of this to say this.....PRAISE GOD FOR SOMETIMES MAKING OUR DECISIONS FOR US WHEN WE THINK WE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!! He completely stepped in and took care of me. I didn't even know I needed it! How reassuring for us as Christians! If you are a child of the King, listen to that "little voice" inside...often times, it's the voice of the Holy Spirit.

THANK YOU GOD!

(Now that I am pumped up on so many steroids, I might just try out for a major league baseball team! )

No comments: