Tuesday, May 19, 2009

no more diapers

I love this picture Well, I used JP's last diaper the other night! :( I have to admit, I am a little sad. It means he's no longer a baby! He's growing up so fast. I do, however, love the stage he is in. He talks all the time and is so funny. It's amazing to me the things he comes up with on a daily basis. I thought I would list a few things he is doing now...
  • He recognizes his numbers 1 through 10
  • He knows his colors
  • He knows all of his shapes
  • He loves for you to read to him
  • His favorite movies are: VeggieTales "LarryBoy", Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web, CARS, "Hermie" movies, and unfortunately he still watches the DoodleBop movie
  • He loves to wrestle with anyone who will wrestle with him
  • He loves to swing in the backyard
  • He loves to swim or do anything that has to do with water
  • He talks to God about EVERYTHING...it's really sweet. At times he even takes it too far. He will "tell God on mommy" when I make him stand in time-out he tells God that he is mad at me! :)
  • He knows the "Ralf Hayes Toyota" commercial song by heart along with the "Kia of Greer" one. When he hears them on the t.v he makes us rewind the Tvo and play them back so he can sing along with them. (I know, it's weird)
  • He still carries around his cat that BJay and Rose gave him when he first came home from Guatemala. And, yes, the tail is still in his left ear when he's tired
  • Our "JP story"...he can recite the whole thing on his own now. I'm so proud of him. It melts my heart.

Well, I know this is long and I guess I'm bragging a little, but I love him so much and cannot believe sometimes how much he has learned in such a short time. Besides, he doesn't have our genes, so I can brag, right??!! Ha!

1 comment:

theowensclan said...

Yeah! Good for JP. I am so proud of him. What a sweet angel.