Sunday, May 10, 2009

thoughts from today...

My thoughts are jumbled up. I'm not sure that's a word, but I'm using it anyway. As Mother's Day comes to an end, I lie here in the bed a little sad. I'm not sure why. Sometimes I do get sad on Sunday nights because I love the weekends so much. It's hard going back to work each week. Thankfully, I only have a couple of weeks left! YIPPEE!


I do not know how to write down the emotions I am feeling right now, so I am going to list them in bullet form.


  • My heart is so full and I am so blessed to have a beautiful son and a wonderful husband. My Mother's Day has been so special because of them.
  • My mother is AWESOME and I thank God for her every single day!!
  • We spent the afternoon with Scott's family. I am very fortunate to have the in laws that I have.
  • It was exciting to see Amy with baby Coleman today, it being her first Mother's Day with him!
  • God has reminded me tonight of all the mommy's waiting for their children rather it be from another country or here in the U.S. My heart and prayers go out to you. I remember my first Mother's Day. JP was in Guatemala and I was here. Unless you've been there, you cannot understand the pain that comes with that day...it was miserable. Hang in there, ladies, like with labor pains, once your baby is home with you and in your arms, it will all be worth it. I promise. Happy Mother's Day to you.
  • A Mother's Day cannot come and go without Joseph's birth mom popping into my head. I do not let myself think too much about her today. I can't describe that emotion that comes with it. It's a mix between gratefulness and sadness. I often ask God to give her an eternal peace with the decision she made to give her baby to us. And I pray that on this day especially she is able to enjoy her other three children and KNOW that JP is loved and well taken care of.
  • I'm also reminded of all the nanny's at the children's home in Guatemala. Although most of them are not mothers to children of their own, they are "mommy's" to LOTS of babies waiting on their families. Thank you, MiMi and Gloria, for the love you gave to my sweet boy while he was in your care. You will never be forgotten.
  • And last, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, I thank God for allowing me to be a mother! The desire for adoption is so very strong in my heart and I love the fact that you have chosen me to mother Your orphans who are motherless! What a gift!

Good night, all!

3 comments:

theowensclan said...

Those words are precious and beautiful! You stated it so clearly. GOD bless you, JP and Scott! You all have been a light for HIM!

Nancy said...

I love your blogspot about your journey through adoption.

The pictures of Johnathan were great. Is that a girlfriend he took to the prom?

Aunt Nancy

andrea said...

Not a girlfriend. They went as a class.