Sunday, April 13, 2008

Longer than normal.....

I try to post MOSTLY pictures on this blog. I figure most of you aren't too interested in reading my ramblings. However, today something is heavy on my heart. JP has been very congested this weekend, so I kept him home from church. While Scott was gone and JP was playing, I read a book on adoption miracles. I have had it forever, but it was just on "display" on my bookshelf. I decided to dust it off and open it.

WOW....just one of the many words I can use to describe it. I read the entire thing! (It's not that long.) Anyway, the book is a compilation of personal stories of families who have adopted. When I finished, I was reminded of just how important adoption is to God. The way He brings lost little children into loving homes is AMAZING! I feel sure that the majority of people who follow this blog feel the same way I do. Having said that, believe it or not, there are those who do not understand. Over the past few weeks comments have been made to me that, once upon a time, would have offended me and hurt my feelings. Only now, it just makes me feel sorry for them. I will share one....

A couple of months ago, someone asked me if I was "ready to have a baby." I thought she meant ANOTHER baby. She didn't. She said, "Oh, I know you adopted JP, but don't you and Scott want to begin your family by having your own?" Now, again, the pre pick-up-trip Andrea would have become a slobbering idiot and probably hit her. The "now that JP's home" Andrea shed tears for a different reason. How sad! It's no secret that one day in the future Scott and I would like to adopt again. Will we have natural children....who knows! Who cares!

SOAPBOX: There are children all over the world and in the United States who are homeless or worse, in homes being abused. So, in an attempt to answer the ignorant woman's ridiculous question....."will I have my "own" children?" Maybe. BUT how can I NOT adopt??? Too many babies and children need our help and our home!!! They need love and my Bible tells me to give it to them!
In the closing of this book, the author tells a story (that we've all probably heard) of the little girl who was walking down the beach picking up starfish and throwing them back into the ocean. Her dad looks at her and says, "Honey, why bother, you'll never be able to save them all." She looks at the starfish in her hand and says, "Yeah, but I can save this one."
That's how I think of adoption. I wish I had the resources to "save" a lot more children, but for now, JP's enough for me!! After reading that book, I just held him. Praise God for the awesome opportunity He gave me to adopt!

4 comments:

Aim said...

Ok , now I'm crying reading your blog and listening to Cameron chatter though the monitor. I was just having this conversation with my husband last week. How could we not go back and adopt again. Cameron has brought more joy then we could have ever dreamed. I know you feel the same about JP. Blessings-Love Aimee, Brian and Cameron

starzy18 said...

Beautiful post!

DeAnna said...

I feel the same way, hoping to pay off the adoption bills we have now and pray that the Lord will provide for us to do it again. People just don't get that and it really makes me sad and sometimes so frustrated when it comes from Christians especially. I want to say, have you even read your Bible? How could you think that my life is unfulfilled because I haven't given birth, its not about that.... And I feel so blessed to have my girls, but also that God would open my stubborn eyes to see what an example of His love for us adoption is and that He would allow me to be a part of that.

(By the way, haven't been here in a while, but JP is just as cute as can be and growing up so much!)

Robin said...

Awesome post!