Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A teacher I work with left work today after receiving a phone call that her two year old little boy had passed away. I'm not going to use this blog to share details that I, myself, am not sure of. The point is, she lost her son. Unexpectedly. Out of nowhere. Without warning. Her entire life changed in a literal instance. Her life is broken. Her heart is broken.

I don't even know what to say. I RUSHED out of the building today to pick up JP. I could not get to him fast enough. I wanted to hold him, kiss him, love on him. All I have been able to think about this afternoon is how long God will allow my life to be this good. At some point we will all face tragedy and hardships. Today has reminded me how important it is for me to love what's in front of me and not take it for granted. I will tell JP I love him tonight and, Lord willing, in the morning. I will hug and kiss my husband and tell him how much he means to me. I will also do the very best that I can to tell God DAILY how precious He is to me and how honored I am to hold the position here on earth as wife, mother, daughter and friend. Because tomorrow it could change for me too.

My friends and I were talking towards the end of the day. We were saying that we hoped she and her husband had faith. Our principal met with the staff. We held hands and prayed together. He is a pastor part-time and was ministering to this mother and her family this afternoon. Between sobs, she told him that she doesn't blame God for wanting her son back with him because he was a wonderful boy.

Wow!

2 comments:

starzy18 said...

Wow. I'm so sorry. We do take so much for granted. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa said...

This news causes me to grieve with your co-worker. I will remember her and pray.

Andrea! I'm missing my star helper in music group!!
Kathi, your voice is missed too!!!!