Sunday, August 7, 2011





We went back to the orthopedic doctor Friday to see if they would be willing to remove the "cyst" from the back of Scott's knee. In addition to a different surgeon, we also were seen by a doctor from the Mayo Clinic. I LOVED both of them. I'll take this opportunity to give a "shout out" to Steadman Hawkins of the Carolinas...they are awesome!


Unfortunately, we were given the same opinion as the original doctor. The cyst is not causing Scott pain. Apparently, it is a very common cyst that some people may not even realize they have. All of Scott's blood panels were high, so they are not willing to remove the cyst until they find out what is going on in his body. I appreciate and respect their decisions, I am just not happy about them. Obviously, this means there is NO EASY FIX for the pain he is in. They drew more fluid off of his knee to culture. If there is infection in his joint, they will have to do surgery immediately and put him on a round of IV antibiotics. If the culture shows no infection, then we begin our trip down the LONG road to find out where his infection is and what is wrong. In the meantime, Scott no longer feels like playing golf, he is having trouble driving (he only drives to and from work), and he finally has agreed to use crutches. He HATES crutches.


If there is no infection, we go next Friday to repeat his MRI. I will keep you posted as to where we go from there.


I do not want this blog to be a WHINE fest. However, I do use this as an outlet to journal our life. I do not feel very positive right now, so in turn, you do not have a positive blog post! Sorry! I am very anxious about JP beginning kindergarten and with everything else going on, I feel SO STINKIN' EMOTIONAL!! I just want to scream. Instead, I wait until both boys go to bed and I cry and pray. Please continue to pray for us. I know there are those of you out there who have lived with and watched your spouse suffer on a daily basis. You understand how hard it is and how taxing it is on your mind and spirit.


Okay, ENOUGH!! Look forward to a birthday post in the next day or two!!! My baby turns FIVE tomorrow!!!! THANK YOU, LORD, FOR HIS LIFE!!!! Despite our circumstances, You are too good!

No comments: