Sunday, October 9, 2011

i need your help

I want to first apologize for my lack of blogging lately. Between working, JP's school and Scott recovering from his surgeries, I have been sortof in a fog. I am happy, however, to report that Scott is doing really well right now. THANK GOD! He is still receiving physical therapy weekly and has not returned to work yet, but he is feeling much better. Thank you all for your prayers!

Now, on to the reason I need your vote. I am seriously thinking of closing this blog and beginning a whole new one. Those of you who have been with me from the beginning know that I originally opened the blog as a way to chronicle our adoption experience. I keep thinking the time has come to close this one out and save it for JP to read one day. I feel like God has put another blog idea in my head for a whole other purpose. In my personal life, I am tossing around the idea of a career change. NOT NOW, but in the distant future. While I love the field of special education and I have thoroughly enjoyed (for the most part) the time I have spent in the classroom environment, my true passion is writing. Up until now, writing has been a past time for me. Something I have done for fun and relaxation. Over the past year or so, I have felt God leading me to do more with it. I am currently researching different courses I can take to give me some education and training in the creative writing/journalism department and I plan on attending a writers conference in the Spring.

One area of writing that appeals to me most is devotional writing. The new blog I am thinking of opening will be a blog for just that. Devotions. Each day there will be a new devotion to read. This will help me to create sortof a portfolio of writings. What do you think? I know that most of you follow the blog to get family updates and to see pictures of JP. Remember though that I am on Facebook and post pictures and updates there too.

So, what I need for you guys to do is PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH BLOG WOULD APPEAL TO YOU THE MOST. I know everyone is busy and it will take time to actually respond to this, but it is important to me. If you do not know how to respond on the comment section, shoot me an email at andreabeam@live.com or abeam@greenville.k12.sc.us .

I will leave this post up for one week. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!

No comments: