Sunday, July 13, 2008

My feet hurt.

My feet were trampled on in church this morning. The sermon was "What are you trading for?" In a nutshell? What do I spend my time on? Money on? Talents on? Etc. I was fine. Good sermon. Funny. Then we talked about what we spent our time reading. OUCH. That's when it hit home for me. Don't get me wrong, I read the Bible. A verse here...verse there. A prayer here....a prayer there. I have been SO busy keeping up with my toddler these past two weeks that I have not had a REAL quality quiet time with God. I mean, it's hard when you are taking care of a baby, right?! How would I fit an in depth quiet time in? I'm always so tired. God understands.

Then it hit me. I'm about to let you in on why my feet hurt so bad.

In the past four weeks, I have read 5 novels!! YES...you read that right. FIVE! At what point in my schedule did I find the time to read mystery novels?

Need I say more.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Amen sista! I spend hours on the computer each week but I'm definitely too busy for any time "quiet time."

I'm glad you guys are having a good summer. Hope going back to work today wasn't that bad! :)