Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Change is a comin'

In the near future, I am changing my blog just a little. Rather than the whole "Cute as a Bug" theme/JP, it is going to be more of a "Our Life and Ministries" type blog. Don't worry....JP will still be all over it, but it will be more inspirational and used as more of a ministry tool.

All of you know how I love to read. Basically I have just about read every book written by Erwin Raphael McManus (Barbarian Way, Chasing Daylight etc.) Anyway.....it has changed my life! Here is an excerpt from Chasing Daylight:

" It's so much easier to choose to be invisible. Oh, there are other words for invisible---average mediocre, normal, compliant, predictable, safe. The list goes on and on."
All of his books talk about living life the way God intended us to live. How can I do that by waking up, working, coming home going to bed, waking up, working, coming home, going to bed??? And so on and so on....I'm tired of that. I've said it before, but then I fall right back into the lazy way and do NOTHING. Well, not anymore. In fact, on the way home from work today, I prayed for a while. About nothing in particular..just stuff. Anyway, I asked God towards the end of my prayer to open up doors during the holidays for Scott and I to serve as His hands and feet. When I said "amen" I turned the radio up. The Salvation Army "just happened" to be airing their advertisement at that time. They need volunteers for their Christmas project. I almost didn't even hear it. Ya know how you daydream while driving. All of a sudden it was like the Holy Spirit hit me upside the head and said, "hey dumbo! You asked for doors..WAKE UP!" So, I pulled over on the side of the road and called the number.
I say all of that to say this.... my new blog will now record my family's daily walk with Christ. It's why we are a family in the first place.

No comments: