Monday, November 17, 2008

First thing first....my sister-in-law, Amy found out today that they are having a baby boy!!! I am very excited for them! MacKenzie is excited and went with her mommy and daddy to the appointment. She is so sweet talking about her new brother! She says she is going to "beat him up!" She probably will! CONGRATS, Amy!
Second...I am not going to stay here for long. I just have to say TWO quick things. You know where the world is headed when:

  1. Tommy Bowden is offered a FOUR MILLION dollar settlement package to leave the University while staff members are looking at being laid off due to "budget cuts!"

2. Our tax-dollars are probably going to bail-out a local bank while the CEO steps down with an EIGHTEEN MILLION DOLLAR retirement package!!

What in the world is going on?????? Maybe I can talk Scott in to moving to Guatemala. It may be a third-world country and dangerous in some parts, but things are SO MUCH more simple there! We need to get our priorities in order!


4 comments:

Kim said...

Yea for JP having a boy cousin!
Did you hear that that CEO is retiring early so it doesn't effect their buyout money? Crazy. But the money for Bowden doesn't come from the same pot as the rest of the university, still sucks, but has no effect of the actual budget of CU. (You know I can't have anybody thinking bad things about my school!!:))

theowensclan said...

I think you and I are in the wrong business!?! Seriously! Guatemala is calling my name too!!


Hooty Hooo to Amy and family! I can't wait to meet him. Wonder if he'll have red hair too? Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

I don't think bad of Clemson...I just don't care where the money comes from...it could go towards the budget so that the people don't have to lose their jobs...Clemson/Carolina/Tennessee..I don't care. It's WRONG!

Melissa said...

Yeah the money thing at Clemson is crazy. The money does come from IPTAY. I would be pretty mad if I were a donor and that is how they spent my money. It also shows that maybe instead of donating to athletics people should donate to the academic programs. Priorities!