Wednesday, June 24, 2009

john 8:1-7

"...at dawn He (Jesus) appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around Him and He sat down to teach them. The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, 'Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such a woman. Now what do you say?...' ...But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with His finger. When they kept questioning Him, He straightened up and said to them, ' If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.'"




I am saddened by some of the comments I have heard and seen today regarding Mark Stanford's admission of adultery. I am certainly not justifying his actions, however let's not forget that, like the rest of us, he is just a man. And right now he is a man who is under a lot of pressure and could use our prayers. My personal prayer for him is that his plea for forgiveness is genuine and sincere. I am praying for his wife and children and the rest of his family involved.

Again, I am not condoning his choices or his behavior. But I cannot help but be reminded of how many times God frowns on my choices and my behaviors and yet STILL loves me and encourages me and shows me His grace, mercy and forgiveness! I am thankful for that!

Let's put down our stones...

2 comments:

Rose said...

I haven't been keeping up with it..but I hope they try and work it out. It just saddens me that everyone is quik to run and get a divorce. The poor kids....

DeAnna said...

So true. As Christians, we tend to preach forgiveness, then condemn instead of forgive when it actually comes down to it. I am definitely saddened by how the name of Christ looks bad when a public figure falls, but hopefully people can see true repentance, forgiveness and restoration through this.