Wednesday, June 3, 2009

random pics of jp; visit from baby coleman; emotional psycho-babble








Thursday of last week I picked Coleman up from daycare for Amy. We were eating dinner at Scott's parent's house and I wanted to get some "baby" time in before we went. Everyone knows JP does not do babies at all! He thinks that he is my baby (which he is) and I am not allowed to hold/touch/talk to any other baby! I was a little concerned about Coleman being home with me when Scott came home with JP. I assumed he would have a meltdown and be really ugly. I definitely ate my words. Not only was he excited that Coleman was there, he wanted him "in his room." It was so cute! He kissed him, hugged him and talked to him the whole time!




















Now for my emotional spill. I woke up emotional today. A basket case. Not for any ONE particular reason. There are several. Today was JP's last day with Connie. He is going to be with me all summer and he will be going to 3K at Overbrook Baptist Church. I am really excited about that because he is going to thrive there. It's a really great program and it's right across the street from my school. It will definitely be a blessing. I am still a little sad though. This is a big milestone for my son and he doesn't even know it. I am so thankful for what Connie has done for him. He has grown/matured so much because of the things she's taught him.
I sent my mom an email explaining my mood today. (We email back and forth from school.) She shared my "blah-ness." She has a different set of reasons. One being that her JP, (my older brother), would have been 35 years old today. I actually had already thought of that while watching the news this morning. Sort of a fleeting thought. I have never really thought too much about him on his birthday. Today was different. Not from a sister standpoint, but from a mother's standpoint. I was so sad for my mom. I know it sounds crazy, but I guess now that I am a mother, I was reminded once again how JP really doesn't belong to me. None of our children do. So, with tears on my cheek I want to thank God for allowing me to have my JP for now. He is a major part of my joy and happiness here on earth!
Okay, I'm done. Thanks for listening. Most of this sounds corny, I'm sure. Just one of my moods today.







No comments: