Thursday, June 11, 2009

misc. stuff

Summer is off to an awesome start! JP and I went swimming for the first time yesterday afternoon. I thought that the water would be freezing, but it felt so good! JP still loves the pool. I had to drag him out. He wears a life jacket to swim and is doing a great job. My goal is to have him swimming by the end of the summer...we'll see how that goes!
Below is the proof that JP is all about band aids. Our most recent one is because, while in the bathtub the other night, soap "poked him in the eye." In other words, he got soap in his eye. So, naturally, we have to put a band aid on it. Go figure.
JP never wears hats. He hates them. For some reason, however, he has decided that he likes this hat and now he won't take it off. Again...go figure.
We are in the process of making JP's room into a "big boy" room. He's been in the Lightening McQueen bed for a while, but we have still had the nursery colors on the walls. It's hard to do when Scott and I are both working. Now that I am out of school for the summer, (yes, my Meyer Center family, you heard me correctly...out of school!!!), we are going to paint and make it a CARS room. Despite my phobia of themes. Oh well. Here are some before pics. We did move one dresser out to give him a little more room. The next time you see his room, it will be all CARS..woohoo! (note the excitement in my words)














2 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember when you put the stripes up. I love those stripes. I can not wait to see the changes.

theowensclan said...

He looks like such a big boy, in his big boy room. I can't wait to see the new look. We miss him a lot. Have fun at the lake.