Thursday, June 25, 2009

kids say the darndest things


All of you know that we have always told JP where he was born, etc. Well, recently we began reading Steven Curtis Chapman's book. "Shoaey and Dot." It is a children's book that he and his wife wrote about their first daughter that they brought home from China. I strongly recommend it.
JP is so sweet reading it with me. He can almost recite the entire book! The word adopted/adoption is all throughout the pages. So, I have been explaining to him (in an age-appropriate way) what the word means. Now, he will tell you that adopted means that God gives you a mommy, a daddy and a family.
Today I was sitting in the recliner and he ran up to me and jumped in my lap. He grinned at me really big and said, "Mommy! I am 'adockted' from Guatemala!" He was so excited! So was I! I love him so much and I am so thankful that God allowed him to be "adockted" in to our family!!

No comments: