Wednesday, February 16, 2011

cleaning up & cleaning out

We ordered a bunk bed set for JP yesterday. Or, as he calls it, "bumping beds!" Through a friend, we found a GREAT website for beds/bunk beds. They are really cheap! JP will have a twin over full with a ladder. The ladder is what he is most excited about. Soon, I am sure I will be posting about a broken arm!

In preparation for the bed's arrival, we went into the ABYSS yesterday to clean out and sort through JP's toys. It is really ridiculous how much he has! Our goal was to thin out enough to throw his oldest, (not in great shape), toy box away and keep the newer one. JP did much better with this than I thought. He was quite the little helper. We had three separate piles. 1) TRASH 2) Baby Preston and 3) Goodwill.

JP was not as concerned about getting the toys in the right pile. He picked up an old wallet that Scott had given him and found a wrinkled dollar bill. He was VERY EXCITED about discovering the wallet. He took the dollar out, threw it in the trash pile and ran off into another room. Scott quickly grabbed the dollar and began yelling, "WE DO NOT THROW MONEY IN THE TRASH!!"


Hmmm.

" ...But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
'In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse-the whole nation of you-because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit.' says the Lord Almighty. 'Then all the nations will call you blessed for yours will be a delightful land,' says the Lord Almighty." Malachi 3:8-12
Everything we have belongs to God. We are only the stewards. Lord, please remind me of this the next time I come close to throwing YOUR money in the trash!

No comments: