Monday, February 7, 2011

I am so mad at Charter. I will not devote an entire post to the drama that has accompanied our decision to sign on with them. I will say that after "signing" up for a package, that was not in fact a package, we have set aside time in our day on SIX different occasions to be home for the technician to come and install our DVR. Here we sit, three weeks later, with no DVR!

I will leave it at that.

I am ashamed to admit that the past three or four times I have spoken with a representative, I have NOT been nice. Do not get me wrong, I have not embarrassed myself or anything, but no one will accuse me of pointing them to Christ either.

Charter called me again today to confirm an appointment for tomorrow that I never even made. On the way home from Walmart tonight, I called them to cancel. Boy was I ready to talk with them!! I was on fire! I had practiced what I was going to say. It was going to be good. I was in the car alone, so I did not have to sensor what I was going to say due to a set of four year old ears that are usually in tow! I dialed the number. It rang, and rang, and rang. "Hello, thank you for calling Charter. How can I help you."

I hung up.

I continued driving. Puzzled. What in the world did I just do? I dropped my groceries off at home and picked up JP from my parent's house. Once home, I put the groceries up, washed dishes, put up laundry, undressed and dressed JP for bed. I put him down on the couch to watch a little bit of a movie. I sat down in the recliner and picked up the Bible to read a little while I had some time to myself. When I opened up God's precious Word, I immediately knew what, or should I say Who, prompted me to hang up the phone.

These are the words that JUMPED off the page at me, " Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing, some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:1-2

I cannot help but wonder how many times I have failed this test.

Thank you, Lord, for guiding me and saving me once again from myself!

No comments: