Wednesday, February 2, 2011


Ignore the picture. It has absolutely nothing to do with this post. My husband reads my blog every day and he informed me tonight that he has missed seeing pictures of JP. I have not taken any pictures of JP lately, so I thought I would at least post a picture for him to look at while the rest of you are reading the remainder of the post! You're welcome, honey!
I take JP to Connie's every morning before going to work. Right before we get to her road, I turn down the radio and we pray together. He really looks forward to this. If I forget, he WILL remind me! Sometimes we take turns talking to God and other times we literally pray together. It is such a special time.
Yesterday afternoon, JP was in one of his little moods and I told him that he needed to change his attitude. It never happens immediately, so most of the time I end up yelling at him and sticking him in time out. This time I decided to handle the situation differently. I picked him up, sat him on my lap and asked him to tell me why he was upset. He didn't want to talk. I said, "Why don't we pray together and ask God to help us both have better attitudes." His response was what has inspired this post. He looked at me and said, "Check SpellingMommy, don't be silly! We can't pray now, we pray on the way to Mrs. Connie's house."
Ouch!
"Be joyful always, pray continually..." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
The Holy Spirit is so creative with how and when He speaks to me. I love Him for that. Yesterday, JP was His vessel. He used him to remind me that God wants to be in constant conversation with me. With all of His children.
And not just on the way to Mrs. Connie's!

No comments: