Saturday, March 2, 2013

a first time for everything

I ran in my first 5K race this morning!  I wasn't sure how I would do or how I would like it, honestly.  I enjoy running for exercise purposes, but I have never been interested in running a race.  After much prompting and encouragement from my friend, Stephanie, I decided to give it a try. 

I LOVED IT!!!  It was SO MUCH FUN!  The adrenaline rush you get from being in such a HUGE crowd of people cheering and running along beside you felt amazing.  I was never one to play sports, but I guess that's sort of what it feels like?!  I think it's safe to say that I am HOOKED.  I already have my next race lined up!  The beginning of May, my friend and I will be running alongside Hartwell lake in Seneca.  Can you say, FUN?! 


 Me and my girl, Stephanie after the race.  She ran the 10K and did a great job!  Can you tell I am wearing four shirts and two pair of pants?!  Puffy, much?!  LOL!  It was freezing...
 
 My Jamie ran with me.  And by "with" me, I mean about 2 miles ahead of me and in HALF the time!  Ha!  But he and Kerri and Stephanie were waiting for me at the finish line cheering me on.  And by "cheering me on,"  I mean catching me from falling to the ground.  Seriously.

Pre-race pic.  Waiting in CVS hoping that the sleet and rain subside.  Thankfully, it did.



I hope that everyone has had a great weekend.  JP has decided that he wants me to sign him up to race with me next time.  We'll see how that goes.  I would LOVE it if this were something we could do together as a family!

HAPPY SATURDAY NIGHT, EVERYONE!

No comments: