Monday, March 11, 2013

my bucket list, my weekend, and upcoming events

In light of my current circumstances, I have been given the (unfortunate or unique, however you choose to view it) opportunity to reinvent myself.  In doing so, I have compiled a "Bucket List" for myself.  I thought I would share.

  1. Begin running again and enter races.  ( I have already been able to cross this one off!)
  2. Be in better shape at age 40 than I was at 25.  ( I am on my way...thankfully I have five years left!)
  3. Get my devotional book published.
  4. Get my children's book published.
  5. Finish another degree.  ( I begin this one this summer!)
  6. Take photography classes.
  7. Go to Hawaii.
  8. Spend a week in NYC.
  9. Go on a Disney cruise.
  10. Take JP back to Guatemala to visit his children's home.

Well, that's all I could come up with for now.  I don't think it is too extravagant.  I'll have to keep you informed on the progress as I go along!

I know it's been a while since I posted.  This past week was pretty busy.  Everyone in our house is back on the mend, thank goodness!!!  Now, if I can just catch up on the housework, we'll be good to go.  Our weekend was pretty laid back and relaxing.  Friday night, we hung out at Megan and Hal's.  Saturday morning, we all met Rose, BJay Holly and Lindi for breakfast in Greer.

 If you live in the Greenville/Taylors/Greer area, I strongly suggest you visit Flour Haven.  It was wonderful.  Everyone knows how much I LOVE breakfast, well let me tell you, I ordered a waffle and sausage links.... YUM. E!  The prices fall in the $8 to $10 range, but the amount of food they delivered to your table is sinful.   And what is even more sinful is when you devour your food and don't leave anything on your plate.  That is what I did!  (Now granted I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day!)


Saturday night, JP and I went to a friend's house for a "Game Night."  It was TONS of fun!  Sunday, I had the special privilege of singing at a young girl's baptism service.  What an honor. 

I am picking up my tickets this week to attend the Easter service at Newspring Church!!  I am SUPER excited about this!!  It will be awesome.  Look for a campus in your area and swing by Friday, Saturday or Sunday for one of the services... you WILL be glad you did!!  It is always amazing.

This weekend I am joining ten other CRAZY ladies for a night of dinner and a concert at Brookwood Church.  It will be a lot of fun.  I am counting down the days...

Well, that's it for now.  Check back tonight or tomorrow for pictures from our weekend.  Have a great Monday, everyone!

No comments: