Wednesday, March 6, 2013


I have a couple of new devotional ideas that I am working on.  It seems to be taking me a long time to get my thoughts in order.  My brain has been scrambled this week.  The only two people (knock on wood) in our home who have not been sick is me and JP.  Couple that with all of our day to day CRAZINESS and it has been a mad house. 

But, if I am being honest, I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.  Well,  a little calmer might be nice!

I did get an email from the Editor of the poetry book that is going to have my poem in it.  They want to do a "Featured Artist" page with my profile and poem.  I thought that was pretty cool.  The book is pretty expensive, so I am not going to buy one.  But, I am very honored.  You can read the poem here.   It is the only poem I have ever written.  I actually do not enjoy writing poetry.  Most of you have probably already read it.  Especially if you have followed my blog since the beginning.  God gave me the words while I was waiting for JP to come home from Guatemala.  My emotions were so raw.  God really used that time in my life to teach me how to worship Him through my wait.  And while it was a very painful period, I grew.  Looking back,  I would not trade that time for anything in the world.

I am very tired tonight.  It has been a pretty long day.  I will ask that you continue to keep JP in your prayers.  He is really struggling to sort through his emotions right now.  He is so fragile.  And so special.  And kind.  I could go on and on...  I love him so much it hurts.  Literally. 


This is a picture of us today after he came home from school.  Look how sleepy he is!  He has gotten in the habit of taking about an hour nap after school.  He is usually so drained.  Thankfully, he is still doing well in school.  That is a blessing, for sure.

Well, I guess that is it for now.  I am going to hit the sack early.  Tomorrow's Thursday!  YAY!!  The weekend is right around the corner.  Stay tuned for pictures from our weekend.

GOOD NIGHT!



No comments: