Wednesday, August 26, 2009

doctor's eve

Scott and I would appreciate your prayers tomorrow (Thursday). We have a much dreaded appointment with his surgeon to discuss the possibility of his surgery. It's at 3:45.

I was reminded today of how easy it is to slip into "whoa-is-me" syndrome. On top of my not-sure-what-word-to-use classroom this year, Scott is feeling bad, and our air went out today. I am typing this from my mom and dad's couch. JP and I are sleeping here tonight. It's really not a big deal...just a little inconvenient.

I sat in the bathroom floor earlier today praying. God reminded me gently that there are MUCH WORSE THINGS! Scott and I are so incredibly blessed and I do know that. Some people never have air. Our time without air is very temporary and we have a place to go! Although Scott is worried and a little scared about the decision to have this surgery, it is not life and death. We are thankful for that!

Well, I am going to bed now. At least we get to sleep in a king's size bed tonight!! WooHoo!

Goodnight!

No comments: