Wednesday, September 9, 2009

all Yours God

Things are moving right along in the Beam household. We are counting down the days until Scott's surgery and trying to keep our minds busy until then. Scott is actually counting down the hours/minutes...literally! :)



JP has continued to do well in school. His teacher has started a chart that she posts next to their cubbies so that you can see how they did that day. I am proud to say that MY baby boy has gotten a smiley face every day so far in September!! He is happy when I drop him off and happy when I pick him up. He seems to really enjoy it there. Thank You, God!!



The other night we were on our way to WalMart. Scott recently bought a new CD by Steven Curtis Chapman. We were listening to the song, "Yours." I do not know how JP knew the words, but from the back seat he was singing loudly, "It's all Yours God, Yours God. Everything is Yours!" He had the biggest smile on his face. Other than just being precious, I was reminded that EVERYTHING IS HIS. My family, job, home, child, husband, and this upcoming surgery. It all belongs to God. My "part" is to handle things in a way that is pleasing to Him. That's hard. Especially when some days I just want to curl up in my bed and cry. I am afraid of what's coming up in my immediate future with Scott. Scott is afraid. Having said that, God used JP's voice the other night as a vessel to let me know that my problems/cares/concerns and worries are His.



I'm thinking that I need to hop in the back seat with JP, sing at the top of my lungs and let God "drive."

No comments: