Thursday, September 24, 2009

scott

is doing much better today. He walked down the hallway twice. He has eaten a little bit more today. I am meeting with his surgeon at the CRACK of dawn in the morning to discuss when he may go home. They are monitoring his hemoglobin closely, because it dropped again today. If it stabilizes or goes up, there is a CHANCE he may go home soon. He will go home with TWO home health care nurses.


I have to say that he will be better off at home, (or actually he will be staying at his mom and dads.) His mother and I have taken better care of him than MOST (not all) of the nurses there. I have been less than impressed with the staff at GHS. I hate to say that, but it's very true. For example: Kim and I have changed his linens, we have "bathed" him with the warm wipes that they give you. Not one nurse/PCT has asked to do that. Talk about unsanitary...no wonder people are being infected with mercer and staph. We call the nurse for various reasons during the day and they MIGHT show up anywhere from twenty minutes to a whole HOUR later. It has really been pitiful. Again, we have had one or two really good ones, but as a whole, it's terrible. Please understand that we know Scott is not the nurses only patient, but when your I.V is backing up and they decide to check it FORTY minutes after being paged three times, that's crazy! Sorry..I had to get that off my chest!

I will continue to update when I can. Thank goodness for laptops and WiFi!!


Goodnight.

No comments: