Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SCOTT: Scott's actual surgery went very well! His surgeon was extremely pleased with everything and he lost very little blood. He has been very sick the past few days. His blood pressure has been really low and his hemoglobin has dropped a few points. As of now, we are still believing that all those things come with a major surgery. Dr. Rex and the nurses are wonderful and continue to monitor him closely. Now for the good stuff....Scott got out of the bed everytime today by himself!! This is HUGE! He has eaten jello and applesauce. He tried a few other things, but didn't handle them very well. His nurse is happy that he's eating at all, so we are too! He is drinking like a fish, so that's the most important thing for now. Overall, he is doing pretty well. We knew going in to this how long and painful the recovery road was going to be, so we are prayed up and ready to make the trip!
JP: My little man has handled things much better than I had anticipated. He went back to school this morning. Despite the fact that he is being passed around from person to person, he is happy and seems to be oblivious to the changes so far.
ME: I am doing fine. Sleepy, but fine! I have done nothing but pray for God to keep me grounded and strengthen me. He has definitely done that! He reminds me daily of how much worse things could be. I have the greatest, LARGEST support system, it's hard to be too down! I thank all of you for your thoughts/prayers/emails and those who have stepped up and helped me take care of JP...you are God-sent and appreciated. You know who you are.
VISITORS: We had asked that no one visit the past few days due to the private nature of the surgery and how sick he's been. When I left tonight (Wednesday) he was much more alert and a little more upbeat. I think that if those of you who have emailed/called and inquired about this wanted to drop in for a short time now, it would be fine. I do have my cell phone and it works pretty well in the room. If something changes in his condition, I will update you.

I guess that's it for now. I will post again when I am able!

No comments: