Sunday, September 13, 2009

overwhelmed

I have so many thoughts running through my mind this morning. Church was the most awesome yet! I think I say that each week, but whatever! I will give a short version of the sermon another time. It was incredible. I will say that it all tied in to baptism. The pastor answered three questions about baptism:

  1. Why? Because Jesus said so. Period. After EACH person in the Bible met Jesus and received Him, they followed in believers baptism.
  2. How? By emersion. Again, why? Because it's what Jesus did. Period.
  3. When? This was the most awesome part....his answer to "when" was NOW! Today! He went through a list of excuses, "I wasn't planning on it," "I don't have clothes," etc....The church took care of EVERTHING. There was nothing holding you back from taking part in baptism if you met Jesus today or if you knew Jesus but had never followed through with getting baptized. They had t'shirts,shorts,sports bras,underwear...you name it, they provided it.

Right there on the spot, the whole church walked out into the parking lot to a "pool" and watched people get baptized. I have never seen anything like it. It was amazing.

YAY, God!!!!!!

No comments: