Wednesday, March 28, 2012

happy birthday, preston!!

(March 28, 2011)
(2012)
" A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world." John 16:21


Tears are streaming down my face as I write this post. First of all, let me preface my emotions by telling you that this Saturday night, I am singing the song, Blessings, by Laura Story at a church dinner theatre. So, I have been practicing that song all week. For those of you who have NOT heard this song, STOP READING AND GO TO YOUTUBE.COM AND LISTEN TO IT!! It is the most amazing song. The artist wrote the lyrics in honor of her husband who has cancer. She sings about how sometimes God's blessings are disguised as trials.
How true.
Today is our little Preston's 1st birthday! As I sit here and think back over the past year and everything my sister has had to endure to be Preston's mommy, it literally makes my heart ache. Physically, Laurie will never be the same. The dynamics of my parent's home have been turned upside down. But, you know what? It's okay... it is NOT in vain. God took a situation in my sister's life that Satan intended for harm, and through it, allowed her to unwrap one of His most precious gifts! We give Him the praise, honor, and glory for all He has done! Happy birthday, Peanut, we love you!
You are definitely this family's blessing in disguise!

No comments: