Tuesday, January 1, 2013

happy 2013

Well, here we are!  A brand new year.  From where I sit, it can only get better.  Let's hope.  I am not one to make New Year's resolutions.  But, I will say that one of the things I have decided to work on is being a better role model for JP.  Specifically with spending time with God and exercising.  I bought him a new devotional book for Christmas....well, Santa brought him one!  I have wanted to get it for him for a while.  Believe it or not, his VeggieTale one was a little over his head.  Go figure.


This is the book.  If you are looking for one to read with your kiddos, I HIGHLY recommend this one.  Our whole family has actually been reading it together.  It is written from Jesus' point of view.  The devotions are short and very simple.  It also gives you additional verses to read in your Bible. 

The next thing I am going to do is encourage JP to exercise along with me.  We do a pretty good job at getting outside and playing, but when I got off the treadmill tonight, he begged me to let him walk/run on it.  I told him no at first, but then I thought, what the heck am I saying??!!  So, I cranked it back up and let him walk for about ten minutes.  JP is not really in to sports.  We are going to sign him up for soccer, but that is the ONLY thing he has ever shown interest in.  I think that if I make exercising fun and exciting and allow him to walk/run on the treadmill when I am done each night, maybe he'll develop a love for running.  Who knows.  But, it's going to be a goal of mine.  If nothing else, he will sleep better and it will be a GREAT release for some of the stress and anxiety he has been experiencing.  I'll let you know how it goes!  Here is a picture of him from tonight (while I was passed out on the bed...I went just a LITTLE over ten minutes! Ha!)   


Our New Year's Eve was actually pretty quiet.  Once the boys and I got home from Falls Park, they ate dinner and we all just relaxed around the house together.  This was actually one of the first years that we have not been to some sort of party.  It worked out just fine.  I wasn't really in the "partying" mood.  JP fell asleep around 10:00, ( I told him he could stay up as late as he wanted...that's all he could handle),   and Laurie and I watched a movie.  I stayed up to tell my Facebook friends Happy New Year and then I fell asleep shortly after midnight.  Like I said, QUIET.  Nice. 

 
  I did get to kiss the little man of my dreams before bed!! 
 

My prayer for all of you is that you have a blessed year!  This year is going to bring forth a LOT of change for our family, but God is already beginning to guide us in very positive directions.  We are going to make the best of it!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  (Heading back to work tomorrow....YUK!)

No comments: