Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!!!

I will post pictures of JP and his 1st Easter basket etc. later. We will be leaving shortly to eat and celebrate Easter at my aunt's house. I wanted to share about JP's prayer time last night....

EVERY night when it's time to go to bed, we tell JP to "get his kitty and let's go read the Bible.." He has a Bible story book with different stories in it that we read. However, those of you who are close to us know that the ONLY story he allows us to read is the story of Noah (aka NoNo.) It's so cute, I sit with him in the rocking chair and daddy kneels beside us and JP opens the book to the pictures of NoNo every time. No exceptions! Until last night...... we sat down and he opened the book to the middle. He kept flipping. He stopped on the last page and started touching the different pictures. It was the Easter story! This may not sound like a big deal to anyone but us, but it reminded Scott and I of how God must view our time spent with JP reading each night! He orchestrated last night's quiet time and had us tell JP the story of Jesus in the tomb.

You can ask JP "who came back today?" and he says "Jesus!" or Jeesee!

I hope everyone reading this has had a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Easter! Praise God the tomb is empty!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

theowensclan said...

Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. God is so wonderful! I am so happy for you all. Happy Easter!

starzy18 said...

Wonderful story, I have goose bumps!