Monday, November 18, 2013

closing




After careful thought and lots of prayer, I have decided to close out this blog.  My decision is based on many factors.  This blog was originally started to chronicle our journey to adopt JP from Guatemala.  I plan to turn that portion of this site into a book for JP to have when he is older.  That was my original intent.  Over time, I have kept you up to date with the happenings of my family and hopefully provided you with a little encouragement and inspiration along the way. 

Well, now my family dynamics have changed.  In closing out that chapter of my life, I feel that it is an appropriate time for me to close out this blog.

I want to thank all of you out there and around the world who have read and supported my thoughts and my family for almost SEVEN years!  Your faithfulness astounds me, and your prayer support has kept me going.  I have received messages and emails throughout this journey that I will forever cherish. 

I have a couple of new ideas I am currently praying about. I really do love to blog.  So, I am thinking of starting up a whole new blog in honor of this new life I have been handed.  I already have several names I am rolling around in my head.  It may take me a little time to decide how exactly I want to go about this.  Another thing I am trying to decide is, whether or not to keep my blog public. That's a very big decision.  If I went "private" with the site, you would have to have permission to read it.  Inevitably there would probably be a lot of you who would not request permission, therefore you would no longer follow me.  That part makes me really sad.  But, there are obvious privacy and safety reasons for making a blog private. 

So, here's the deal.   I am going to leave this post up for ONE WEEK.   I would LOVE your input on this.  I guess you could say that I am going to take a poll.  I will leave my email at the bottom of this post for those of you who I do not message with by phone or see on a regular basis. 

DO I LEAVE THE BLOG PUBLIC FOR THE READERS WHO ARE LITERALLY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE TO ENJOY?

OR

DO I GO PRIVATE AND ONLY ALLOW "INVITED" READERS TO FOLLOW MY FAMILY?

If you are a faithful follower, I expect your input.  I am excited about the changes that God is bringing forth in my life.  Changing up my online "journal" is just one of many!  I will make my decision Monday, November 25th. 

Email me your thoughts...

acbeam3@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for your time!

No comments: